LDSBC Financial Aid Guide

Official and Unofficial Withdrawals

Students receiving financial aid or scholarships should check with the Financial Aid Office before withdrawing or dropping any classes after the semester has begun. Never just stop attending classes.

Partial Withdrawals

Partial withdrawals are when a student withdraws from one or more classes (but not all classes) during a semester. Classes dropped during the first week of classes will not show on the student’s transcript. Students who withdraw after the first week may receive a “W” which will show on the student’s transcript and will impact the student’s aggregate completion rate (see Satisfactory Academic Progress for more information). Students wishing to drop or withdraw from a class must notify the Registration Office.

Students who have a scholarship and drop below full time (below 12 credit hours) may be put on scholarship probation for a future semester. Students receiving financial aid (loans and grants) should check with the Financial Aid Office to determine how the withdrawal will impact his/her financial aid eligibility for the current and future semesters.

Total Withdrawals

Students who withdraw from all classes during a semester may be required to repay all or part of financial aid received for that semester. See Repayment of Federal Funds below.

Unofficial Withdrawals

Unofficial withdrawals are when a student stops attending all classes during a semester but never officially withdraws with the Registration Office. These students will receive E and/or UW grades – both of which are failing grades and will greatly impact the student’s cumulative GPA and aggregate completion rate. These students often lose financial aid eligibility for future semesters, and have to repay aid already received for that semester. See Repayment of Federal Funds below for more information. Satisfactory Academic Progress details the conditions under which a student will lose eligibility to receive financial aid.

Repayment of Federal Funds

Students who completely withdraw (either officially or unofficially) from the College during a semester are required to return a percentage of their federal student financial aid. Financial aid includes Pell Grants, Academic Competitiveness Grants, and Stafford and PLUS Loans.

Log in

Choose your log in method.