An incomplete grade (“I”) is a conditional grade and granted only when extenuating circumstances beyond the student’s control occur after the semester withdrawal deadline. Incomplete grades are given only if students are passing the course and would be capable of completing the work before the end of the subsequent semester.
- Instructor must receive approval from the Academic Office before issuing an “I” grade.
- Contracts are available from the Academic Office.
- A grade contract must be completed and signed by both instructor and student before the semester ends; not afterwards.
- The student must be able to complete the remaining work on an individual basis with the instructor. Re-enrollment or attendance in all or part of the same course during a subsequent semester cannot be required as part of the contract. The general length of time to fulfill the requirements of an incomplete contract is one additional semester.
- Instructor and student must meet to determine the extent of work/assignments to be complete and the due date(s).
- Student must take the contract to the Cashier’s Office, pay the $5.00 incomplete grade fee, and return the Incomplete Grade Contract to the Academic Office for copies to be made for both the student and the instructor.
- Class attendance in a subsequent semester or re-registering is not permitted to make up the incomplete.
If the incomplete work has not been finished by the end of the semester after the “I” was given, the “I” will be changed by the Registrar’s Office to an “E” grade.