What you need to know
For another medical health plan to meet the student health plan requirements it must meet the following criteria:
1. Be an Affordable Care Act (ACA) compliant health plan offered by a United States-based insurance company (supplemental, travel and short-term plans do not qualify.)
2. Cover you while you’re on campus.
3. Provide at least 80 percent coverage for all major medical expenses, including physician, hospital and ancillary service.
4. Have an individual annual deductible of no more than $1,000.
5. Be effective no later than the first day of classes in the term, and must cover the duration of the term.
Waiving the Student Health Plan fee
You can request the health plan charge be waived by showing or emailing a copy of your personal insurance card to the Cashier's Office anytime before the tuition deadline. To waive the health plan charge after the tuition deadline, you’ll need to submit a Letter of Creditable Coverage from the insurance company. The insurance company can send this letter to the Cashier's Office directly. The school will then contact DMBA to determine if coverage can be cancelled.
You will need to request a new health plan waiver each semester.
Updating your insurance questionnaire
If you did not complete the insurance questionnaire during enrollment, or you need to make changes, please visit the Cashier's Office on the 2nd floor. The school will use your questionnaire to enroll or waive your coverage in the Student Health Plan, so it’s vital that it be up to date.
Want to talk to someone?
Please contact the Cashier's Office at 801-524-8143 with any further questions.