DEFERRING YOUR ATTENDANCE
Newly Admitted students and current students are eligible to defer their attendance at LDS Business College for religious service, including an LDS mission, and/or military duty. They will need to submit a deferment form indicating the semester they will return.
If you cannot attend a given semester for a reason other than religious or military service, please see our Leave of Absence Policy.
To defer attendance, you must complete the following steps:
- Be eligible to defer your attendance. See policy below for more information.
- Apply and be admitted to the college.
- Complete the Deferment Form. Please include your permanent address and email address in the form as we may reach out to you as your return semester approaches.
Once your deferment form has been processed, you will be notified at the email address you provide in the deferment form. If you are leaving for your service during the middle of a semester, you are responsible to drop or withdraw from any classes you are registered for during the semester you are leaving. All withdrawal policies regarding tuition, fees, and grades apply.
We encourage you to review the Newly Admitted Student Checklist before you leave to learn about important next steps to take before you leave. A few of these include FERPA Access, Transfer Evaluation, and Holds.
When newly admitted or current students require their attendance to be deferred for a specific and designated time to serve a religious mission or is called on military duty, students will need to submit a deferment form indicating the semester they will return.Read Deferment Policy
RETURNING FROM DEFERMENT
As you return from your deferment, you will need to start by updating your admission application at apply.lds.org. You will use the same netID and password you used when you applied originally. If you are unsure what this is, please contact the BC Help Desk by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (801)524-8119 for assistance in recovering this information. You will need your FERPA passphrase for this process.
During this process you will need to complete the full application including the following:
- Agree to any new privacy statements and releases.
- Update your personal and contact information.
Select your applicant type, return semester and major.
- Your applicant type will likely be the same as in your the initial application. However, if you attended classes at LDS Business College before leaving, you'll want to select “former” as your applicant type.
Submit a new Ecclesiastical Endorsement through the online endorsement system.
- This will need to be completed by your mission president if you are currently serving a mission. If you have already returned home, your home bishop and a member of the stake presidency will do this.
- Update your educational history as needed.
- Submit the application.
Note: You will not need to pay the application fee again or submit transcripts that were submitted as part of your original application. If this is required, please contact the admissions office.
Once you've updated the admission application, you'll be notified by admissions regarding the return from deferment and next steps. If you need assistance with this process, please contact the admissions office by email at email@example.com or by calling (801)524-8145.